Foster Tourism; 2023 year of Tourism Hon’ble Chief Minister releases Geo portal based Information System
Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Sri Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy today launched Celebration for “World Tourism Day 2022”.
Launched Geo Portal based Tourism Information System.
He also released a brochure on the “Diverse Festivities of Andhra Pradesh
Hon’ble Chief Minister declared that 2023 shall be declared as “Visit Andhra Pradesh – 2023” year.
The Chief Minister also interacted with the Tribal Dhimsa dancers from Araku.
Web GIS Portal for Tourism Information – Tourism Asset Management – Decision Support System
Andhra Pradesh known for its rich Natural, Cultural, Historical & Religious heritage and other tourist attractions and also renowned for its fiery cuisine and hospitable people. The state has been a popular destination for domestic tourists but unfortunately not for foreign tourists (except for Tirumala & Puttaparthi).
With a view to maximize the tourism revenue, increase visibility of various destinations and efficiently manage the assets, the Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APT) proposes development of a Web GIS Portal for Tourism Information, Tourism Asset Management and Decision Support System. Web GIS Portals are used for marketing and promotion of tourism and have the potential to improve -– Destination management activities like planning, development, marketing, promotion, delivery, coordination and monitoring
– Tourism-related entrepreneurship and related activities – Promotion of local arts and crafts industry including bidriware, brassworks, traditional toy making, textile making etc.
– Direct promotion and commercialization of local tourism offerings in international markets reducing dependence on big foreign intermediaries. Web GIS Portal will map all the tourism properties and destinations in Andhra Pradesh in one place. The benefits of this proposal are three fold.
1. Tourism Information – Tourists can better plan their trips with useful information like distance between places, commute options, hotel accommodations and neighboring attractions. Access to this vital information online reduces the costs tourist) and promotion material (for the authorities). The managing for printing (for authorities can efficiently build on this collected base data and introduce innovative ways to update new destinations periodically, plan tourism circuits, introduce promotional build in transparency to the whole mechanism.
The current tourism map (shown here) needs to be updated based on new
developments and this exercise made via Web GIS Portal would unlock huge potential and aid the state’s tourism sector.
2. Web GIS based Tourism Asset Management – Department of Tourism can easily track the inventory of the assets including land, hotels and restaurants using the Web GIS portal. The database enlists the sub-assets of each identified asset and provides details on location, area, amenities, utility status, structural health etc. This digital documentation will avoid the drawbacks in manual handling of asset information and aid in the efficient tracking of departmental assets, their management and ensure proper maintenance with respect to infrastructure enhancement.
The authorities will also be able to optimize allocation of assets to augment return on investments; and provide investment opportunities in PPP for further developing the industry as a vital cog in the State’s economy.
3. Web GIS based Spatial Decision Support System (DSS) –The portal will provide authorities a solid database to make key decisions, especially in tourism policy and infrastructure development. It will provide a transparent mechanism to track information on visitor movement, numbers, travel patterns and choice of stay. This raw data will enable identify and measure determinants that influence travel decisions allowing the authorities to profile growing areas of potential and tourism trends. The authorities can now measure the effects of marketing activities, initiatives and campaigns; monitor industry satisfaction of tourism operators.
In addition to the multiple benefits, the Web GIS portal will enhance the whole travel experience in the state by acting as a one stop solution for Smart management through integration with ERP platforms. This platform creates database of tourists, travel agencies, hotels, airlines and transportation companies. Multiple travel agencies (red bus for example) can share access to the system which will not just aid tourists but also generate revenue for the authority. Travel packages and online payments (PhonePay, Paytm, etc.). can all be managed through this portal.
HON’BLE CHIEF MINISTER DECLARED 2023 AS THE YEAR OF VISIT ANDHRA PRADESH “VISIT ANDHRA PRADESH 2023”
Why this Campaign Visit Andhra Pradesh 2023
Andhra Pradesh, though having its rich Natural, Cultural, Historical & Religious heritage and other tourist attractions and capable of attracting many domestic and even more international tourists emphasizing on Nature, History, Mythology& Adventure Tourism activities has fell short in attracting the same. One of the reasons being lack of concerted campaign based approach.
• Through a campaign based program we create a buzz educate the world on opportunities in Andhra Pradesh.
• Unique campaign promoting Culture & Heritage.
• We would be the first state in India to do this kind of a promotion ever.
Brief on Campaign Promotion:
1. Campaign to focus Nationally & Internationally.
2. Connect Travel Media like Travel TV, Travel World online. Tourism breaking News, TTJ updates and ensure coverage to 4 lakh travel agents.
3. Campaign to connect with associations of ADTOI, TAAI, and IATO.
4. All Travel, Tourism and Hoteliers to carry the Logo “Visit AP 2023” as their signature in their mailers.
5. Promotion the Campaign through extensive Social media interactions.
“Visit Andhra Pradesh 2023” – What to come?
Tourism Department has come up with new Circuits, which will be promoted as part of the visit AP 2023.
1. The Tribal Circuits of AP
2. The Buddhism Circuit of AP.
3. Vizag as a Gateway destination to neighboring states like Orissa & Chhattisgarh – This strategy will help tourism to grow especially in bound tourism for all the three states.
4. Forts of Andhra Pradesh
5. The New defined Temple Tourism circuits of the state including shakthipeetas of Pithapuram and Draksharamam.
6. Caravan Tourism
7. Experiential Tourism to attract In bound Tourism.
8. Beaches of Andhra Pradesh
9. Heritage circuit of Andhra Pradesh
10. The Festivals of Andhra Pradesh
11. Food & Cruiser of A.P.
Own B2B Road shows by the Hoteliers and Agents of AP.
The Hotel Association and the travels Association shall be part of Road Shows, where they shall invite agents in respective cities for B2B meetings.
1″ Phase – Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Raipur
2′ Phase – Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Bhopal 3″ Phase – Chennai, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Cochin
4″ Phase – Hyderabad, Delhi, Chandigarh
Dr. Rajat Bhargava
Spl. Chief Secretary to Govt.,
Tourism & Culture Dept.,